Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day .:066


The pic to the right was me "post-run" drenched in sweat about to rub coke zero all over my face....And believe me. Sometimes that's exactly what you should do.

I'm about to hit the first major mile-marker in my journey to "non-lethargic freedom". The half marathon is this weekend, and I think I'm ready!

Yesterday I clocked in (survived is more like it) an 11 mi. run outside. It probably wasn't incredibly smart to run in the middle of the afternoon (87 degrees!), and it sapped me pretty quick. I was walk/jogging by mile 8, and walking at around 9. And ran out of gatorade by that time too. The sunburn wasn't too sweet either...But I did it!

This was also the "retirement run" for my old shoes. These guys have been with me for about 3 years, and are just wearing out. Tomorrow I go to pick up my new 9 EEEE shoes with arch support!

If you think of it, pray for me this weekend!

No comments: