Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day .:060

Well, the halfie is 11 days away, and I'm feeling pretty good. Last weeks recap:

- 2.3 Miles outside on Thursday
- 7.0 Miles inside on Saturday
- 7.5 Miles inside On Monday & 15 Mile Spin Class

Gatorade has now become my drink of choice, which is a tad better than all the soda, but still not quite where I need to be (water), and I think I just need at least one 11-12 mi. run before the halfie to feel I'm totally ready.

I also went to the outlets in Reho, and found that not a single store had running shoes in my size, which is a post unto itself.

you see, I have strangely shaped feet. My left foor is half a size smaller than my right. So, 7.5-8 EE on my left foot, and 8-8.5 EE on my right. Weird, right? So I'm going to check some online shops (read, zappos.com) for a quality shoe I can use for the halfie. My current shoes are wearing down quick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to the Rehoboth Beach Running Company--it's on Rehoboth Avenue, across the street from the Cultured Pearl, where the dry cleaners used to be (on the left when you're getting into town). They have great running shoes and they'll fit them for you...and probably have some good advice about training.

Anonymous said...

And I would go soon. You'll need to break them in for the run and that'll take a few runs.

http://www.runningrehoboth.com/

Andrew said...

SWEET!

Thanks for that....I'll prolly hit it today....