Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day .:140

Today I completed my final long-distance run before the marathon, 21 miles!

It took me close to 4 hours to do, so at this point I'm on pace to run the 26.2 in about 5 hours. I stopped by the Reho-Beach Running Co yesterday to pick up some Jelly Belly Sport Beans (huh?) and some Powerbar Gels. Steve-O implored me to never try these things, and he's right in that they taste like V8 mixed with toothpaste. But dang, do they work.

I ran straight to mile 18, and then crumpled. And walk-jogged pretty much the rest. But I don't even care. I did it. Here's a pic, post-run with a cliff-shot of hot cocoa:



11 Days left!

I'm just so excited, because this is all Jesus. I never thought I could do something like this in a million years. And it's happening. And it's awesome.

5 comments:

joy said...

Heh, that's day two of my 2-day exam; my own marathon, if you will. Tell you what, I'll pray for you if you pray for me. ;)

You can do it!

Andrew said...

YES.

Done and done. I need it.

There is going to be so much celebration, merriment & street prancing after the 22nd...I promise!

Tim said...

That is awesome! Your going to do great!

Anonymous said...

that's awesome mr. mason. you're gonna kill it on the 22nd. what's next... cycling perhaps? hmmm.

Anonymous said...

Andy...I hadn't checked in on your blog in a while. That's amazing! My son Nick ran the Palm Beach Marathon a couple years ago, and finished. His inspiration: he wrote on his stomach with a Sharpie "OPRAH FINISHED". Everytime he felt like quitting, he looked down and told himself that if Oprah can finish a marathon...he could finish a marathon.
You should be proud...you will do great.
Bill