Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day .:001 - AGAIN?

Hello Hello!

Sorry for how late this post is, and my apologies to any who didn't know that I did, in fact, finally run my first marathon on November 22nd. I waited a while, though, so I could get some perspective on what it means to accomplish a life-goal, and what I wanted to do next. Here's a pic Gillie took at the finish line:

It was cold. And I mean, COLD. 22 degrees at 6 AM, but I did it. And it was awesome. And there's a sweet pic of the half & full marathon medals hanging in my bedroom closet now (So I can remind myself everyday that I finally set a goal & stuck with it).

I was super pumped after it happened, and am so proud that I can use that as momentum for future goals (now I can say junk like, "Well, if I have the discipline to run a marathon, then I should be able to make myself remember to buy deodorant.")

All that to say.....I'm gonna do another one. I don't consider myself a running freak, and I'm not a glutton for punishment, but I did have a pretty slow time (6:30) because I hit a wall pretty early on and walked a ton. And the old ladies on walkers passing me didn't help either.



So, today is day 001 again. I'm not sure where or when, but I'm doing another marathon, and I want to do it in at least an hour less time. (The fact that it'll be spring/summer may help as well. That cold is killa.)

So, 300 Christmas cookies & 10 pounds later, I'm starting training back up. Yesterday I ran 5.5 Miles on the treadie at world Gym, and it was indeed a workout. Taking a month off'll do it to ya, I guess :-)

Oh well. Live and learn!

No comments: